- MS EPSCoR Researcher, Dr. Greg Tschumper, featured in January 2013 Issue (#18) of International Innovations
International Innovation is the leading global dissemination resource for the wider scientific, technology and research communities, dedicated to disseminating the latest science, research and technological innovations on a global level. More information and a complimentary subscription offer to the publication can be found at: www.researchmedia.eu.
- MS EPSCoR Researcher, Dr. Keisha Walters, discusses Biodegradable Plastics on MPB Radio
- Walters selected for national engineering education program
- Mississippi Best Robotics Competition is Huge Success
- Local teacher(s) hone(s) high-tech skills at MSU workshop
- MS EPSCoR Computational Science Workshop held at MSU
- NVAC Academic Outreach Efforts
- USM Researchers Investigate Collaborations in Canada
- EPSCoR Undergraduate Researcher Inducted into Engineering Student Hall of Fame
The Mississippi EPSCoR/IDeA program identifies, develops, and uses academic science and technology resources to increase Mississippi's research and development competitiveness and support economic growth. through the state's colleges and universities, their science and engineering faculty, and their students. The Mississippi EPSCoR program is enhancing valuable resources that can influence Mississippi's research capacity in the 21st century.
Increasing Mississippi's scientific and technological research competitiveness is critical. The EPSCoR program utilizes the science and technology resources at Mississippi State University, the University of Mississippi, the University of Southern Mississippi, and Jackson State University to stimulate sustainable science and technology infrastructure improvements at these institutions to accelerate the ability of their researchers to compete for federal and private sector research and development funding.
This conference is open to papers and posters on the following and related areas:
- novel approaches in interdisciplinary research
- data-driven science as a research paradigm
- the philosophy of science and the scientific method in medical and life sciences research
- bridging the gap between systems biology and bioinformatics
- graduate training in bioinformatics for students in cell biology
- preparing undergraduates to fill technical roles in bioinformatics
If you would like to participate in the upcoming conference please register here http://plantimg.uark.edu/nbt2015/.
Limited funds are available to support MS EPSCoR participants who wish to attend this conference. For more information about that, contact Katie Echols at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) application period is now open! NSF is soliciting applications for the GRFP until the posted deadlines in late October and early November 2014.
Since 1952, GRFP has provided Fellowships to individuals selected early in their graduate careers based on their demonstrated potential for significant achievements in science and engineering. Three years of support is
provided by the program for graduate study in science or engineering and leads to a research-based master's or doctoral degree. The NSF expects to award 2,000 Graduate Research Fellowships under this program solicitation
pending availability of funds:
Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) PROGRAM SOLICITATION (NSF 14-590)
GRFP is also soliciting reviewers for the GRFP applications. Disciplinary and interdisciplinary scientists and engineers, and other professionals with science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
graduate education expertise, are invited to serve as reviewers for the Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP). This opportunity is described in a Dear Colleague Letter:
Dear Colleague Letter - NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program - Invitation for Reviewers (NSF 14-107)
- Project Summary
- Project Description
- Year 2 Annual Report
- EPSCoR Strategic Plan
- EPSCoR Strategic Plan Supplement
- EPSCoR Spring 14 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Fall 13 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Spring 13 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Spring 12 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Fall 11 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Spring 11 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Fall 10 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Spring 10 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Fall 09 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Spring 09 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Fall 08 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Spring 08 Newsletter
- EPSCoR Fall 07 Newsletter